HP introduce a new line of Omen gaming hardware
As announced by HP, they are getting back into the gaming industry with a whole new line pf products called Omen. It will feature hardware like desktops, laptops and other accessories across different price range. Ranging from cheaper notebook for the budget conscious up to higher-spec tower for hardcore gamer with serious spending power.
Right now, they are kicking of with four products, 2 laptops, 1 tower and 1 display monitor, and they are priced towards the higher end market.
HP Omen Laptops
To start things off, the omen series laptops will be called simply Omen. Both are identical black laptops with ‘dragon red’ highlights around each key and on the lid. In the outside, the laptop will display a red diamond ‘tribal’, maybe?
Other features include:
- Wide Vision HD Camera or optional Intel® RealSenseTM Camera for 3D experiences and to enable gesture control apps to interact with the PC when gaming.
- Up to 16GB of memory and up to 512GB PCIe SSD or up to 2TB for single storage options or dual storage options with up to 4TB HDD and 128GB SSHD on select models.
- HP Fast Charge and up to 10 hours of battery life on select models.
Prices starts at $899.99 for the smaller model and $979.99 for the larger model, available from July 10th.
HP Omen Desktop
Omen desktop will be available from Aug. However, HP has not announced it’s full specs or pricing yet, but you can expect it to be at least as expensive, or a lot more expensive.
The tower will be using the smaller microATX form factor with graphic options like NVidia’s Founders Edition graphic cards and water cooling technology. During the briefing, HP spoke extensively about designing the Omen tower to be a machine suitable for VG gaming, so you can expect even the base specification are powerful enough for a good VR experience. Since this is a gaming machine, it will also be featured with glowing LEDs.
Other features include:
- Intel® CoreTM i7-6700K processors3 with overclocking capabilities in select models 10
- Up to 32GB memory and ample storage with up to 512GB SSD7 and up to 3TB7 of HDD to host a massive amount of large format VR games and content.
- Options up to NVIDIA GTX 1080 Founder Edition or AMD RadeonTM R9 390X graphics cards, offering better frame rates at increased resolution.
HP Omen Display
Lastly on the launch menu will be Omen’s first monitor, called HP 32 Display. It’s a 32-inch Quad HD display, promising a 5-millisecond respond time and 75Hz refresh rate. It’s also certified with AMD’s FreeSync to reduce stutter. The Quad HD display with wide-viewing angles offers stunning visuals with 100 percent sRGB color space for true-to-life color.
OMEN by HP 32 Display is planned to be available on HP.com and select retailers in August.
Official Website: HP